The Executive-in-Residence would assist the Charles E. Cheever Chair of Risk Management with student and industry-focused initiatives of the Risk Management program in the Greehey School of Business at St. Mary's University. This position is full time.
The Risk Management program is a strong and vibrant part of the broader Finance & Risk Management major within the Greehey School of Business. Over 100 students in the school currently major in Finance & Risk Management, with many of them choosing to focus their careers in the area of risk management and insurance. The Risk Management program has an outstanding track record of internship and job placement, and the Executive-in-Residence will help bring the program to the next level of excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - The Executive-in-Residence would partner with the Cheever Chair of Risk Management to support and develop additional initiatives including, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and develop relationships between the Risk Management program and industry professionals and companies.
- Develop internship and job opportunities for Risk Management students, especially outside of the San Antonio and Texas regions.
- Establish and implement a professional development program for Risk Management students (resume reviews, mock interviews, job search strategies, etc.)
- Mentor Risk Management students (provide career and student development guidance)
- Mentor and accompany Risk Management students to professional events, competitions, and conferences.
- Establish and maintain an industry advisory board for the Risk Management program.
- Engage with local and national professional associations, such as CPCU and RIMS, to enhance visibility of the Risk Management program regionally and nationally.
- Organize an annual industry roundtable conference.
- Organize an annual student/industry awards dinner.
- Serve as a "Guest lecturer" in a Risk Management class at least once per semester (Potential exists to teach full classes as program grows).
- Assist in developing additional financial resources for the Risk Management program.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in business from an accredited university or a bachelor's degree in business or related discipline with a CPCU, ARM, or other relevant designation is required.
EXPERIENCE: The candidate must also have 10-12 years of successful senior executive level (V.P. or above) experience in the risk management or insurance sector.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to stand during lengthy presentations with good manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 25 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.